PLEASE NOTE: Not all scholarships are for the current school year. The current scholarships have a due date in GREEN. The scholarships with a due date in PURPLE are the previous year’s scholarships, but will possibly be offered again. They are left on the website so students can see what will possibly be offered.
NO Due Date – First Come, First Served
A Kansas resident who has graduated from an accredited Kansas public or a private secondary school (or Kansas homeschool) within the preceding 12 months.
A Kansas resident who has been in Kansas for three or more consecutive years and who is at least 21 years of age or older.
A dependent child of a military service member permanently stationed in another state who graduated in the last 12 months.
All eligible students must have a family household income of:
Equal to or less than $100,000 for a family of two
Equal to or less than $150,000 for a family of three
Equal to or less than $150,000 plus $4,800 for each additional family member for household sizes greater than three.
If there is scholarship money left in the Kansas Promise Scholarship program fund during the award year after awarding scholarships to the students who qualify based on the above income levels, Kansas Promise Scholarships may be awarded to eligible students whose family household income exceeds the set limits.
November 1, 2023
- Be a 2023 high school graduate
- Submit Wichita State application materials by Oct. 15, 2023
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum unweighted 3.5 GPA, or
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 27, or
- Have a minimum SAT composite of 1280, or
- Rank in the top 10 percent of your class at the end of your junior year
November 1, 2022
•Must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.25
•Must score well on the Garvey Scholarship exam
•Must have your completed application for admission to Washburn University. The completed application for admission to Washburn University includes: a $20 application fee, official high school transcripts, and official ACT scores
November 2, 2023
•Have made a difference through volunteering
•Have taken part in community service activities over the past year
November 13, 2022 @ 10:59 p.m. CST
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- CHS Students need to select the Salina, KS Lodge #718 as sponsoring lodge